Raindrop Messenger Archive
Official Newsletter of C.A.R.E.
THE RAINDROP MESSENGER
Volume 7, Number
In reprinting or distributing any articles from The Raindrop Messenger, please use the following credit line and subscription information:
"Reprinted from The Raindrop Messenger, a free eline newsletter, with permission from Dr. David Stewart. To subscribe or download back issues, visit www.RaindropTraining.com."
IN THIS ISSUE:
Identifying the Right Body System with Essential Oils, by David Stewart,
I have learned from Gary Young an interesting and useful procedure for identifying the right body system or source underlying a problem when using essential oils for therapeutic purposes.
Have your client lie face up on a massage table as if about to receive a Raindrop session. Then do vitaflex with specific oils on the spinal points of the feet, just as you would do in Raindrop. While vitaflexing, ask the client to focus mentally on their chief complaint (pain, ache, issue, condition, disease, etc.).
After each oil has been applied in this fashion, ask the client if the issue is perceived as "better?" "same?" or "worse?"
If the client perceives the problem as "better," then the indicated system or cause has been identified.
If perceived as the "same" or "worse," then move on to the next oil and system until you find the right one.
In some cases, instead of the client feeling "better or worse," they may just feel "right," as in "that feels like the right oil and system." It is their body and their issue. Let the client be your guide in leading to the right answers.
A sequence is given below as a guide, but you can skip certain steps, if you feel drawn to do so, and are intuitively honing in on the substance of the situation:
1. For the Structural
System, use Wintergreen Oil
The oils mentioned above are suggestions. You may be intuitively led to an oil not listed to test for a particular system or condition. Use the protocol and go with your intuition on the choice of oils.
By applying your own experience and intuition, you can address other systems and use other oils not listed above, but the protocol would be the same, i.e. vitaflexing an oil on the spinal points of the feet while the client thinks of their specific problem and senses a response.
With the recent increase in the number of aromatherapists invited to visit a local licensing board under less than pleasant circumstances, I offer these suggestions:
1. If you receive a summons, letter or request to attend a licensing board hearing of any kind, immediately contact your licensing and certification boards to discuss your options. Otherwise, hire a good attorney as soon as possible. The board is already convinced that you're guilty, and you have to prove that you are innocent.
2. If you're not already requiring your clients to sign an informed consent form, learn how to create a powerful informed consent form and start using it right away.
3. If you're not already using coaching techniques instead of giving out suggestions and recommendations, learn basic coaching skills and start using them right away.
4. If you don't believe the Raindrop Technique is a spiritual healing tool, you may want to become licensed as a massage therapist or stop providing Raindrop.
5. If you believe Raindrop is a spiritual healing tool, because it most certainly is a spiritual intervention, become licensed as a Spiritual Healer and certified as a CARE Raindrop Practitioner or a Certified Aromatherapy Coach and practice professionally as a spiritual healer.
Since the first of the year (2009) over 100 aromatherapists and essential oil marketing people have had encounters with a licensing board and have voluntarily left the profession in order to avoid prosecution. During the same period, almost 20 Licensed Spiritual Healers and/or Certified Aromatherapists, including four CARE Raindrop Practitioners practicing aromatherapy, were contacted by a licensing board and have been completely exonerated.
Raindrop is a powerful intervention that changes lives. The public needs you to provide this service. (I love my monthly Raindrop session and won't give it up for anything.) I implore you to take the necessary steps to protect your ability to provide this essential service to others. Follow the CARE guidelines and protect your future as a Raindrop Practitioner. If you don't, please don't call me because I really can't help you. But if you become CARE licensed and certified, my company will gladly help you with any licensing board problems at no cost to you.
* Dr. John Gilbert is President of the Natural Therapies Certification Board (NTCB). Dr. Gilbert and NTCB offer telephone conference courses on aromatherapy coaching. You may contact NTCB at www.ntcb.org or (800) 710-1539. To learn how to become certified and licensed through CARE as a Certified Raindrop Practitioner (CRP) and Licensed Spiritual Healer (LSH) visit www.RaindropTraining.com and/or order a copy of the "CCI Handbook" with all of the details. The combination of CRP/LSH is available only through CARE (Center for Aromatherapy Research & Education). CRP/LSH enables one to legally practice Raindrop throughout Canada and the U.S. and to qualify to purchase liability insurance. During the process of becoming both a CRP and LSH, you will receive training in Informed Consent, Professional Practice, Professional Ethics, Healer Coaching, and Aromatherapy Coaching, which are the necessary means by which you can practice legally and be eligible for insurance.